The following items get put out with trash
- Small appliances: i.e. toaster ovens, microwaves, coffee pots
- Electrics & Electronics Bicycles
- Wiring & lighting including fluorescents
- Small/medium-sized furniture i.e. kitchen chair, end table, nightstand, lawn furniture, little book shelf, lamps,
- Small/medium sized Construction materials - i.e. shingles, moldings, glass windows, replacement windows, cabinets, Dry wall, plywood Note: If you have a contractor doing construction work, they include disposal of construction materials in their price. Have them dispose of construction materials since you are pobably paying for it.
The following hazardous items do not go in your trash
- Explosives – Ammunition, firecrackers, gunpowder
- Automotive – Vehicle fluids (i.e. antifreeze, motor oil, transmission fluid), car batteries, degreasers, chemicals/Household - Full aerosol spray cans, household chemicals & cleaners, polish removers, floor wax, corrosives, paints (other than latex), solvents, stains, thinners, strippers, varnishes, propane, mercury thermometers. cleaners, fuels (i.e. gasoline, diesel, kerosene, propane)
- Household - Full aerosol spray cans, household chemicals & cleaners, polish removers, floor wax, corrosives, paints (other than latex), solvents, stains, thinners, strippers, varnishes, propane, mercury thermometers.
- Garden – Pesticides, herbicides, pool chemicals
- These items require special disposal and are accepted at any of the hazardous waste collection events in our area which is sponsored by Delaware Solid Waste Authority. These collection events usually take place every 6 months in the Wilmington area. We do notify customers via email about upcoming hazardous waste collection events. You can also contact our office to find out the next date.
P.O. Box 7001
Talleyville, DE 19803